James Bay Community Project building is open and adhering to COVID-19 public health protocols. This affects some programming offered by Capital City Volunteers
Participants are able to contact JBCP and CCV outreach workers via phone and email, and have one-on-one meetings by appoointment.
Check the JBCP and the the CCV websites for updates, as well as the JBCP page on Facebook. Capital City Volunteers (CCV) and James Bay Community Project (JBCP) together are lead agency for the Victoria Better at Home Program.
PLEASE NOTE: CCV WILL BE ACCEPTING new participant referrals when JBCP and CCV re-open.
To access our services, you must:
- be 65 years of age or older;
- reside within the municipal boundaries of the City of Victoria
- have a low income (usually below $35,000 per year, for a single person, $45,000 for a couple) and be unable to pay for services
- have the ability and willingness to cooperate with the agency and its programs
- have no other resources or help (such as family or friends)
- have the ability to communicate and understand the agency’s policies