Victoria Better at Home is facilitated by Capital City Volunteers and James Bay Community Project. Better at Home is funded by the Government of BC, and managed by the United Way of the Lower Mainland. The program offers specific non-medical services to seniors who are:
- 65 years or older
- residents of Greater Victoria
- living independently.
Victoria Better at Home supports seniors living in their own homes by offering light housekeeping, friendly visiting,minor home repairs and transportation to medical appointments and to errands such as grocery shopping.
We also host a weekly social luncheon called ”Seniors Connections”, where visitors enjoy a light lunch and a different guest speaker each Thursday.
- Pre-registration is required
- Drives and minor home repairs are provided by volunteers on a no-fee basis.
- Light housekeeping is provided on a fee-for-service basis determined on a sliding scale based on the senior’s household income. Some seniors may qualify for 100% subsidy.
- To register or for more information please call the Outreach Worker at 250-388-7844 ext. 310